- VirtualDub is a video capture / processing utility for 32-bit Windows platforms, licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
- It lacks the editing power of a general-purpose editor such as Adobe Premiere, but is streamlined for fast linear operations over video. I
- t has batch-processing capabilities for processing large numbers of files and can be extended with third-party video filters.
- It is mainly geared toward processing AVI files, although it can read MPEG-1 and also handle sets of BMP images.
- Improved accuracy of "set so audio and video durations match" for short clips.
- Fixed vertical chroma positioning errors when converting to 4:2:0 or 4:1:0 YCbCr.
- PluginSDK: Direct stream copy from a plugin audio stream caused dwStreamSize in the AVI to be set incorrectly.
- PluginSDK: Fixed crash when using plugin to load a file with an audio stream that isn't AVI compatible.
- Capture: When "wait for OK" was enabled with a DirectShow driver, time spent in the dialog was counted against a time stop condition.
- Capture: Fixed crash when an error occurs while starting capture with a custom hotkey.
- "Save segmented AVI" no longer crashes when only video is enabled.
- Prohibit zero for frame rate adjustment.
- Filters: The error return from runProc is ignored again for compatibility with earlier versions of VirtualDub; this fixes some video filters that broke in the 1.7.x series.
- D3D: Fixed a display change related crash.